More than 400 editors attend IMTS looking for exhibitor news — and they can find it in your IMTS press kit, which you’ll upload to the Online Media Center. Your press kit should include the following:
- An index of press materials posted to IMTS.com
- News release(s) and high resolution images
- Brief company history
- A fact sheet, which is high-level overview of your products, processes, technologies, etc.
- Short biographies of key media spokespeople or experts
- Brochures (PDF)
- Testimonials – short statements from customers; you might consider working these into a news release if appropriate
- Don’t include fully written case studies unless they have been previously placed, as editors at major magazines will require an “exclusive” first use
Using the IMTS Online Media Center
Once developed, upload contents to the Online Media Center in your e-Kit (available in 2018).
Use the Word format for written documents; you may also save the Word document as a PDF. Upload one or both formats.
For the best reproduction quality of “print ready” digital images, files should use the TIF or EPS format, saved as CMYK color and be at least 300 dpi (118 dpcm). Most publishers also accept images saved as a high resolution PDF or JPG.
When taking images with digital camera, use the highest quality setting. The resulting JPG should be a file that’s 2 MB or larger, which will be of sufficient quality.
JPGs and GIFs used for Web presentation are often saved at a lower resolution, which is typically not acceptable for print production.