Highlights From IMTS 1955
The first post World War II machine tool show was held at the Chicago Dodge Plant, and after considering a number of possible locations, the 1955 Machine Tool Show took place at the International Amphitheatre in Chicago. Looking toward the future, the Association contracted with the Union Stock Yard and Transit Company for use of their exhibition buildings in 1955 and again in 1960. There was a concurrent Production Engineering Show held at the Navy Pier with shuttle bus service provided between the two.
A far cry from today's colorful exhibits, machine tool gray was the order of the day in 1955.
IMTS History Main Page Next »
IMTS History: 1960