Book Review: Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers
The “work smarter, not harder,” mantra is echoed throughout our professional careers, but how often do we really take it into advisement?
For author Tim Ferriss, this mantra is the guiding force to how he lives his enviable life.
Ferriss was listed as one of Fast Company's "Most Innovative People," one of the "Name's You Need to Know," by Forbes Magazine, and he's a made the New York Times best-seller list several times. He’s also launched a widely popular podcast where he focuses “on deconstructing world-class performers.”
Over the years, while producing his podcast, Ferriss garnered tons of useful shortcuts and life hacks that the smartest minds in business admitted to using on their path to success. Fortunately for all of us, Ferriss compiled all of this information and included it in his most recent book: Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers.
Here’s a sneak peek of some of the useful trends Ferriss mentions in the book:
- “More than 80% of the [podcast] interviewees have some form of daily mindfulness or meditation practice.”
- “A surprising number of males (not females) over 45 never eat breakfast, or eat only the scantiest of fare.”
- “Many use the ChiliPad device for cooling at bedtime.”
- The podcast interviewees often have “the habit of listening to single songs on repeat for focus.”
- “Almost every guest has been able to take obvious ‘weaknesses’ and turn them into huge competitive advantages.”
Many of those trends can easily be incorporated into the everyday life of any professional looking to reach for the stars.
Editorial reviews of Tools of Titans
"Tools of Titans...is the perfect read for obsessives wanting to boost their new year productivity."
"A Poor Richard's Almanack for the 21st century, Tools of Titans is a practical and inspiring guide to being your best."
So, if you’re looking to improve your levels of success or find new ways to work smarter throughout the rest of 2017, then Tools of Titans is your go-to guide to learning from the best.